MOVING FOLDERS BETWEN HARD DISKS

Radiofan 21:36 03 Mar 06

I have recently had a second hard disk installed as the existing 40GB one was beginning to fill up. I would like to mave a couple of the larger files from the C Drive to the F Drive. Is it just a case of using copy and paste or is there something else I need to do? Once I have copied, can I safely delete the original folder from the C Drive to create more space?

surfmonkey #:@} 21:40 03 Mar 06

if i want to transfer files between my tw hd `s all i do is drag and drop across from one to the other.i think its differnt to program folders as if you drag it across you have to change th shortcut to it i think

namtas 21:43 03 Mar 06

In a word yes. as long as they are user created folders Or use drop and drag sometimes easier.
Worth a mention, just make sure that you have copied and can access the correct folder before you delete the original.

Radiofan 21:45 03 Mar 06

But how do I know I am accessing the correct folder or programme if there are two copies available on different hard disks?

007al 21:49 03 Mar 06

Right click and use Send To.If yopur new hard drive is not in the list,type sendto in the Run box,press enter,then drag and drop your new hard drive icon to it

namtas 21:50 03 Mar 06

Well you will be accesing from a different drive look at the description ie D:\ my documents\my folder.
If you wish you can then rename your new folder or even add something to the name ie folder2 to keep it seperate.

007al 21:52 03 Mar 06

Is your c: drive becoming full because of programs or storage?

Radiofan 21:57 03 Mar 06

It is mainly full of storage - one folder of video material is now 5.00GB - and my DTP programme is quite large too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…