moving folders

picklsey 11:32 06 Feb 05

i will try and explain this the best i can.i have an external hard/d. when i want to move a folder from it to my pc i right click the folder and i get options of where to send it to,just now i either send it to my docs or copy and paste to say my music or my pics. ect. what i would like to know is there a way i can add a place when i right click so as if it,s say a music file i can send it directly to it.xp home sp2.thanks.

VoG II 11:34 06 Feb 05

Send to any folder click here click here

picklsey 11:40 06 Feb 05

VoG™

thanks for such a quick responce i,m sure you answered it before i finished asking will check it out later got to go out just now i will leave thread open incase i have any problems.thanks again.

picklsey 16:47 06 Feb 05

ok had a read through i,ve downloaded and installed the desktop manager is a nice programe still havn,t worked out how to use the send to any folder if you have an idiot way of explaining how to use it i would be appreciate it ikn ow it,s there in my my face but i just can,t see it.thanks.

VoG II 16:52 06 Feb 05

You should only install Sendtox.inf by right clicking and selecting Install. Do not install any of the others - they may cause problems with XP.

Now when you right click a file, you should see a new option "Any Folder". Select that, then use the Browse button to select the folder you want.

picklsey 16:59 06 Feb 05

VoG™

oops i,ve installed the lot oh well i,ll be off line a little while uninstalling some programes that some idiot just installed.done what you said ref the send to works a treat thanks again for your help.

alB 17:09 06 Feb 05

Try this little free prog. puts an "anywhere" shortcut into the right click "send to" menu, you just choose where you want to send the file to and if you want to copy the file or move it, (got other features as well but not tried any of them)...alB

click here

picklsey 17:23 06 Feb 05

alB

thanks will have alook and give it a go.thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…