Moving files to different user accounts...How?

dunn616 10:19 26 Feb 04

Can anyone please explain to me how I can move a pdf file from one user account on xp to another.I have three different user accounts set up on the pc and I need to move things around but cannot seem to do it.
many thanks

montyburns 10:25 26 Feb 04

On XP,

My Computer > Local Disk (C: or whatever) > Documents and Settings > then open up the folder from the named user you want to copy from, ditto for the one you want to copy to and drag and drop
(which will move it. If you want to copy it, hold down CTRL as you drag and drop)

On 95 or 98 etc (from memory)

From My Computer (or Windows Explorer) go to C: > Windows > Profiles and, as above, open the relevant user files to drag and drop etc

Dave

leo49 10:27 26 Feb 04

Isn't this the reason for the Shared documents folder? I pose it as a query as I'm a single user of my PC but that would seem to me the logical place for you to lodge any documents needed to be accessed by other users for copying into their accounts.Might be an idea to check in Help re "Shared documents"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…