Moving files between hard drives !!

Never again 21:46 13 Jun 03

I'm in the process of fitting a 2nd hard drive as my original was nearly full and my pc was getting really slow.

Can I just move the programm files such as office and games to the new drive after it is ready or should I uninstall from my c drive and reinstall on my new d drive?

jazzypop 21:57 13 Jun 03

Uninstall them from C: and reinstall them to D:

If your new drive is larger, you may want to consider using your new drive as C:, and your old one as a slave. See click here for one of several methods of doing this.

Lú-tzé 22:04 13 Jun 03

In your case I would install the new hdd, format and partition as you require and then install the OS and all your programs. That will make it seem quicker, at least.

Then install the old hdd as a slave, and copy all your data to the new hdd - my docs, emails and so on.

Then format and partition the old hdd as you require it.

Never again 22:08 13 Jun 03

Thanks for the advice.

I'm only really after a bit more space as the kids have filled the old one up.

If I start moving my OS and all the gubbins about I will probably become unstuck (as I usually do)

I'm just grateful for a pc that works most of the time.

Thanks again.

Lú-tzé 22:16 13 Jun 03

Never again - in that case, I would just add the new hdd as an extra and use it for storage (and uninstall some of the extra stuff you don't need).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…