Moving emails Windows Live Mail

iscanut2 10:22 19 Mar 10

I can normally drag and drop emails from my Inbox into folders or use the move menu option. There are however emails from 2 separate senders that cannot be moved and when I try I get the message.." An unknown error has occurred. The selected message(s) cannot be moved. An error has occurred".

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, is there a solution ? There is nothing odd about the emails. They are just text with no attachments.

howard64 11:10 19 Mar 10

it could be that they have been locked on the remote server - nothing you can do about that. You will have to highlight the text - control C to copy it then open your word processor and control V to paste it.

iscanut2 13:23 19 Mar 10

Thanks, have already used cut & paste on the text I want to keep. Was not aware of such a thing as locked on remote server. Is this common and of what benefit is it to the sender ?

howard64 15:38 19 Mar 10

not a clue but I have heard of it before - done to stop the original being altered

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…