Moving Email addresses

dolphinaber 09:14 19 Feb 03

I have just taken delivery of a new PC with XP. Can anybody tell me how to get my Server BT Open World from Windows 98 to my new PC and also is it possible to change the email address at the same time. Many thanks.

_Treb_ 09:21 19 Feb 03

Not sure about XP but under win 98 etc you could go into Dial-up Networking and right click on your connection icon, go to properties and that will tell what number you are dialling to connect to the internet. Make a note of it. Click on new connection and add the number.

SpyMan²°°­­³ 09:30 19 Feb 03

Go to start, settings and network connections. Right click your dial-up icon for your connection details.

Lú-tzé 09:55 19 Feb 03

click here and get the dial up connection software - it will automatically install your details on the XP mcahine. You will need to d/l it on the win98 machine and run it on the XP machine.

With BT you can have 5 (?) emails so go into your a/c on the bt site and choose add new mailbox.

dolphinaber 18:33 20 Feb 03

Many thanks all. Well I have managed to get BT Openworld icon up on the screen. However when I click on it I get a window which just says Email and when I click on it I get Outlook Express with a window saying "Errors have occurred" The host AOL could not be found etc This happens when I try and send an email Would like to get on the BT web site but how. I am at the moment using AOL free 120 hour trial but would prefer to use the BT which I am used to. I am nearly 80 so not to much technical thank you :-)
My old base unit is now disconnected as I am using the old monitor on my new XP Base unit.
XP, I am already missing my old Windows 98 !!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…