Moving e-mail messages from my laptop

Red Devil 18:51 24 Jun 03

A little while ago I had to use my laptop for sending and receiving my e-mail messages as my desktop had developed a fault.

I have nearly 1200 messages on my laptop now that and there are times when I would like to go back through them as there were quite a few e-mails from friends and family so I would like to have all my messages on the one computer and wondered if there was a way that I could move all my e-mails from my laptop and have them on my desktop PC.

I use Outlook Express for my e-mails on both computers.

I've tried exporting them from OE on my laptop but it only exports to Outlook or Exchange and I have neither of those programs on my laptop so I get an error instead.

Any help would be much appreciated in sorting this out.

Belatucadrus 19:19 24 Jun 03

It shouldn't be a problem as outlook express can import from exchange or outlook, export your laptop messages as a file to disk or cd, then import the file to the desktop.

PA28 19:44 24 Jun 03

If all else fails try the long way round (I've had to resort to this one myself once!). Simply send them to yourself, and then pick them up with your other computer. Sounds silly, but it does work. Mind you, I've never tried it with 1200 messages!

Red Devil 20:57 24 Jun 03

Thanks for the suggestions but I've managed to work out how to do it for myself. It's a long winded pain in the a*** process and would have been impossible if I didn't have a network or CD-RW but I've managed it!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…