moving DW site from one pc to another

mco 18:00 09 Jul 06

What a thoroughly frustrating afternoon, setting up new laptop - wireless connection took over an hour and now can't do a simple swap of DW site from old to new..DW is set up fine, but how do I load the old site up? I've tried manage site -export - and then import when I go onto new laptop - but I just get a folder with the site's name and it won't open it up. Or else it says the home page is not saved there and it can't make a site map. How have I done it wrong? Is there a way just to download the site from the internet and open it up that way?

ade.h 18:16 09 Jul 06

Ah, well. I can't help you with this one, but maybe my reply to your other thread will help with this one as well.

mco 18:35 09 Jul 06

I'm off to try the netobjects one at least! Bound to be DW fans around who can help later.

mco 23:44 09 Jul 06

I'm upping this in the hope of some simple advice thanks!

AndySD 15:24 10 Jul 06

I use MM exporter click here

AndySD 15:26 10 Jul 06

Oh and transfer the whole folder containing the site from the pc to the same place on the new one.

mco 19:26 10 Jul 06

I thought it was too good to be true, my falling lucky tonight: I did the MM esporter but somehow I've ended up with a load of separate pages but no site, if you see what I mean.

mco 20:43 10 Jul 06

I think I've got it back now and it's connecting. But when I go to 'local view' where before I could see all my pages and choose which one individually to upload changes to, now all I can see is the folder itself and when I click on it, it doesn't open to show the contents. ??

mco 20:48 10 Jul 06

I've sorted this one too - all a question of putting it in the right place!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple