Moving downloaded font to font file

shellship 08 Feb 12
Answered

Windows XP SP3. Needed to get new font (Blue Highway) for a publication. Downloaded it, unzipped it and then wanted to move the three font files to my Windows Font folder. Refused to move. Tried to cut and paste only to be told the zipped file is invalid or corrupted. I could try another download but any advice will be helpful.

Sea Urchin 08 Feb 12
Answer

Try going to Control Panel - and open Fonts. File menu - select Install new fonts. Browse to the fonts on your desktop and then click OK.

By the way - I assume you are trying to move each individual font, and not the zipped file. Do the separate fonts open OK when you double click them?

shellship 08 Feb 12

Sea Urchin. How are the mighty fallen. When I unzipped the file in which they came down I assumed - senior moment - that the font files themselves were unzipped. They were not, so thank you very much. Mind you, how ever hard I tried they did insist on being moved to a new folder - Blue Highway - from which I had to move them to the fonts folder. All is well and thanks again.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message