moving DBX files in O/L express

Boy Zone 10:15 20 Jul 07

I want to import a single DBX file from a saved backup location on a DVD. When I copy and paste the DBX file into the O/L stored location I can see the DBX folder in the O/L express stored folder, but it doesn't show in the folder list, any ideas.

Taff™ 10:42 20 Jul 07

Remove the folder from the store location to another folder. Right click it and select properties and make sure the file isn`t read only. Also rename the file to something like "InboxOld" or Backup because it musn`t be the same name as an existing folder otherwise you`ll overwrite it.

Then follow click here

The reason you can`t see it at the moment is because it isn`t recognised by the folders.dbx file

Boy Zone 09:25 21 Jul 07

Thanks for the reply, but.
I only want to import one dbx folder, I've copied and pasted the folder into the maintenance location with all the other O/E dbx folders, and I can see it. The problem is I can't see the folder when I open O/E.
Have I missed something simple?

Taff™ 09:29 21 Jul 07

Yes I think so! Just follow my instructions and rename the one file and move it to a "Store Folder" When you run the import wizard it will give you the option to import all the files or you can select them individually. In this case there will only be the one file anyway.

Boy Zone 15:04 21 Jul 07

I've lost the plot here!
I have done all the above, and I knew about the import function, which is no problem. I can import all the dbx files, but I only want to import 'one dbx folder', eg old.dbx to new folder in o/e directory. When I import the old.dbx to the store location I can't read whats in it, the folder is not read only.Its there as I can see it.
I only want to check some old email messages which I backed up last year.

Quiet Life 16:34 21 Jul 07

click here
Archvista is a free utility that opens a dbx file and lists the contents and then converts any selected e-mail to an eml file which opens when clicked.
You have to put the dbx file into a folder first and then find the folder in Archvista.
The program works without registration.

Boy Zone 17:47 21 Jul 07

Thanks quiet Life,
This is a great tool, and will certainly help.
I just wish I could copy the one dbx folder into O/E as there are over 350 messages in this folder. I'm sure it can be done,
But thanks for you kind assistance

Quiet Life 22:22 21 Jul 07

Create a new folder in Outlook Express named "temporary". Copy a message into the new Temporary folder to have something in it.
In your OE store folder delete the new Temporary.dbx folder and rename the folder you wish to look at temporary.dbx .
It should now open in OE showing your e.mails

Taff™ 08:39 22 Jul 07

Quiet Life - That should work. Just to clarify though, Boy Zone needs to move his required dbx file to the store folder and having deleted "temporary.dbx" rename that folder "temporary.dbx"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…