Moving bookmarks in FF5

Muergo 16 Jul 11
Answered

I am struggling with the instructions for getting my bookmarks from one profile to another.

I cured the glitch I had in FF5 when it wasn't showing any graphics/photos, by opening a new profile which I have been using for several days with complete success, all working fine and no crashes. However when it comes to export/import my bookmarks from the older profile to the current, the helpsite said it would overwrite all of those new ones I have put in .

Is there a way to move them over to add on to those already there, and can I also move them to my favourites in IE9?

mimosa418 17 Jul 11

I suggest you use X Marks. It works on Google, FF and IE9 Web site click

Muergo 17 Jul 11
Answer

That looks like the answer, thanks very much mimosa.

Muergo 17 Jul 11

Downloading X marks, I'm not so sure I like the way it takes over all my bookmarks, some of which may be confidential. I just want a straightforward move across of bookmarks from one profile to another, not synch them all over the place.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message