Moving bookmarks in FF5

Muergo 17:00 16 Jul 11
Answered

I am struggling with the instructions for getting my bookmarks from one profile to another.

I cured the glitch I had in FF5 when it wasn't showing any graphics/photos, by opening a new profile which I have been using for several days with complete success, all working fine and no crashes. However when it comes to export/import my bookmarks from the older profile to the current, the helpsite said it would overwrite all of those new ones I have put in .

Is there a way to move them over to add on to those already there, and can I also move them to my favourites in IE9?

mimosa418 09:37 17 Jul 11

I suggest you use X Marks. It works on Google, FF and IE9 Web site click

Muergo 10:36 17 Jul 11
Answer

That looks like the answer, thanks very much mimosa.

Muergo 17:55 17 Jul 11

Downloading X marks, I'm not so sure I like the way it takes over all my bookmarks, some of which may be confidential. I just want a straightforward move across of bookmarks from one profile to another, not synch them all over the place.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Why upgrade to Windows 10? Is Windows 10 good? The pros and cons of!…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nvidia’s new Quadro P6000 is the most powerful graphics card in the world

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features, including new features…