Moving away from Frontpage

belayer 17:57 PM 04 Nov 10

I have been managing my small business website for many years using Frontpage, and the time has come to upgrade my 10 year old PC and get new software (Windows and Office).

As Frontpage is no longer available, what do ex-Frontpage users use? I need something that is as simple as Frontpage that I can use intuitively like a word processor.

Any suggestions?

Forum Editor 09:42 AM 05 Nov 10

They use Expression Web.

I endorse the comments made by fourm member.

belayer 13:27 PM 05 Nov 10

Cheers, many thanks for that, that is very helpful as I had never even heard of it, I will go and look for it.

joe-soap2 18:59 PM 08 Nov 10

Can an existing Front Page designed web be imported into 'Expression Web'? My current site is in need of update but consists of 100+ pages and I don't feel like starting from scratch.

Forum Editor 19:22 PM 08 Nov 10

joe-soap2 12:49 PM 09 Nov 10

Something for me to look into - I just assumed when Microsoft binned FrontPage (which i've never really liked but continued to use since 1999) that i would need to start afresh.

quack 21:52 PM 14 Nov 10

I also wanted an alternative to Front Page and did consider Expression Web but given the limited use to which I would put the programme thought it to expensive. Eventually settled on Serifs WebPlus X4 and so far have found it easy to use and capable of handling anything I want to do.

David4637 10:51 AM 15 Nov 10

Can you get it free?
Thanks David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know