Moving to another ISP

Bike-it 22:58 11 Dec 07

Hi all i am currently with Tiscali broadband, but three weeks ago i decided to upgrade from 2mb to 8mb and thats when i started to have problems, before i upgraded i was getting download speeds around 1.9 mbps but now i am only getting speeds around 367kbps, today a BT engineer called to see if there was a problem with their line or my setup, but all were ok, while he was there he was getting download speeds around 5.7 mbps for about twenty minutes and then it dropped to 0.7 mbps and thats the speed i am currently getting,
so will changing to another isp make any difference to the speeds i am getting now or am likely to get with a new isp.

MAJ 23:06 11 Dec 07

I've been thinking about 'upgrading' to that connection for a while now, Bike-it. But I've heardand seen so many posts like yours, I decided to hold off for a while in the hope it would improve or at least not be so bad here in N.Ireland. If I remember correctly, you're from Newry are you not?
I have also been looking at the Post Office HomePhone with Broadband Extra offering, it's along the same lines as Tiscali's. It's a little more expensive at about £26/month, but peace of mind means a lot, doesn't it? click here

Crash 23:15 11 Dec 07

If your from Newry and have Sky tv you can get Sky's LLU broadband up to 16mb for £10!

woodchip 23:20 11 Dec 07

So far I am glad I moved to Talk Talk

MAJ 23:24 11 Dec 07

Was on to India when installing TalkTalk for a mate, jeez, couldn't go through that palaver again if anything went wrong, woodchip. Cost a fortune in calls too.

woodchip 23:32 11 Dec 07

It's free, or it should be. I lost my BB as Exchange had a problem, I got it back after it had been off for 30 houres. I did not like the India bit, they just read a script. May as well talk to a robot for what good they was, I did finish up being past to English Tec support

RobCharles1981 23:36 11 Dec 07

"I did not like the India bit, they just read a script. May as well talk to a robot for what good they was, I did finish up being past to English Tec support"

I couldn't agree more with you woodchip, I sometimes get fed up of speaking to India if I phone AOL drives me around the bend!

woodchip 23:41 11 Dec 07

What makes it worse is I am nearly 72 with two hearing aids. And all you hear them Yabbering on

MAJ 23:47 11 Dec 07

Good job you didn't stick with Tiscali, woodchip. click here

Crash:

For the package I want, Sky is working out too expensive, my line only supports up to 4.5meg.

woodchip 23:54 11 Dec 07

I used to be NTL\Freedom that become Vergin Media. But it cost too much for only slow speed. £25 an month for a 1Gb speed and I had BT line rental every three months on top of that so it's now saving me about £190 per year and my speed is about 6.5Mb to just under 7mb download. And I am 1.8 miles from exchange. I still get Free Evening and weekend calls on the 01 and 02 numbers with 36 free anytime international calls

woodchip 00:00 12 Dec 07

Glad that was not ME

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…