Moving Adverts on R.H.side of screen

billyliv 23:54 16 Nov 03

Hi, I know adverts are needed to create revenue. but this moving one is really getting on my nerves. how do I disable it?. Cheers, Bill

DieSse 00:24 17 Nov 03

You calm down and don't let it get on your nerves.

PCA can and will take whatever advertising they can get to help support this site - and more power to their elbow in doing so.

Djohn 00:37 17 Nov 03

I agree with DieSse on this bill, in fact I clicked on the learn direct one at the top of the page yesterday, found it very interesting, so tomorrow morning I'm popping into my local Learn Direct centre, [Just a short distance from me] and signing up for the complete desktop course, including touch typing. j.

GANDALF <|:-)> 06:57 17 Nov 03

Why not click on one of them and help the site? There is really no other way to fund a site that costs shed loads to run unless someone has a well clever idea. I'll warrant that subscription would get on your nerves even more.

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:01 17 Nov 03

ps...the Learn Direct advert is well worth exploring. These Government funded (read that as 'your money funded', aka taxes). I know quite a few people that have completed an LD course, in the comfort of their own home.

G

billyliv 09:12 17 Nov 03

Hi, I am not against advertising as such and I cannot be the only one who thinks that moving adverts are a pain. Cheers, Bill

Jester2K II 09:38 17 Nov 03

What "moving advert"?

nickhick 10:37 17 Nov 03

Jester 2KII
I you can't see a moving advert go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and make sure that under 'Multimedia' 'Play animations in Web Pages' is ticked and then refresh the page.

I find all the animations annoying and have this option un-ticked!

Jester2K II 10:52 17 Nov 03

Do you mean moving or animated!

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:03 17 Nov 03

I dont see any adds moving or other wise,not even the learn direct 1 i did see the AMD 64 1 but not seen that for a bit either.

Regards.

nickhick 14:09 17 Nov 03

Jester 2K II.

*Remove* the tick against 'Play animations in Web Pages' if you want to get rid of annoying animated adverts etc. I've got IE 6 and that is the option I have got following the path I outlined earlier.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…