movie/mpeg file splitter?

moby58 11:00 31 May 04

i'm trying to split an mpeg movie into two pieces so i can fit it onto a disc [thru nero]it's too big to burn [1081MB].tried "file splitter",but it only splits to put back together,not to be used seperate.tried windows movie maker which is too complicated...i need a simple split to burn!!any ideas please>thanks in advance

Mo H 11:15 31 May 04

How difficult is clicking and dragging?

WMM is quite simple. Run it , open file and click and drag about half of the files down to the bottom 'Picture Reel'. Save as...... open Nero burn...... go back to WMM, do second half.

It works nicely for me and in fact I liked it so much i wanted to buy the company! Seriously it is rather easy.

moby58 11:27 31 May 04

its one file...how do i split it on picture reel?do i have to wait till its half way thru movie before i split...u make it sound easy!

Mo H 11:36 31 May 04

You have clicked on 'Import video' and waited fro file to be imported. Now it is sat in the middle section of your screen.

Left click first clip and drag it to the 'Storyboard' or 'Picture Reel' see it go in?

Now repeat process for 10 of the clips (using shift key and mouse together) and drag those down. Keep going until HALF (ish) of your files are at the bottom.

Come back to when that is done

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…