moviemaker xp wont save as movie!

bigdavey 18:43 06 Mar 11

im running moviemaker in xp and i have a 1 min 50sec movie, when i try to save it as a movie file, not as a moviemaker project, it says estimated time 240mins!! anyone know whats going wrong here?
thanks

dave

eedcam 22:15 06 Mar 11

are you going > save to my computer then choosing a format from the drop dowmlist or just letting wmm choose as even dvi_pal which is the highest quality would not come up with that time

bigdavey 09:10 07 Mar 11

i am choosing wmv or avi from the dropdown menu. i cannot understand why moviemaker wants to take soooo long!!

eedcam 18:16 07 Mar 11

what was the format of the original file

bigdavey 16:33 08 Mar 11

sometimes ive got a combination of avi/wmv, cut and joined, maybe adjusted for brightness etc etc. but theyre suchj tiny files, i just want to be able to edit in moviemaker and playback on a different device/player!
even if i try saving the project in the same format as the original moviemaker seems to want to take hours and hours to save!!

eedcam 18:33 08 Mar 11

even tiny if you have mixed formats might be the prob especially as wmm is pretty poor any way.Though you say it happens with the original single format as well strange not ever saved such a small file before I'll see what mines does

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now