Moviemaker - Please Help!

musopoet 17:27 04 Mar 09

Creating a home movie for my friend's birthday.

First time I've used Moviemaker - I'm using Windows XP.

Got through many hurdles before finally completing the project.

However, when I tried to save as a movie file for burning I experienced problems. Tried to save it on 3 occasions but each time it seems to stall when 51% has been saved - also the save time seems to increase rather than decrease!

Panicking now because I'm close to the birthday deadline.

Please somebody help!

eedcam 18:17 04 Mar 09

What format are you trying to save in and what was the original format .Reason I ask is if you are saving in the best format ie dv_avi you are looking at A Gigabyte for 5 mins movie .and unless your original format was mini dv you might be as well saving in wmv taking ther load off albeit Quality might be an issue.Yes you can burn wmv to dvd using something like DVD flick which is free

musopoet 19:36 04 Mar 09

Tried to save in MPEG and other formats too. Keeps stalling when it hits 51% saved.

Left PC on overnight and it hadn't saved any more than 51%

Can't remember original format - had to download codecs to enable conversion of files for inclusion in Moviemaker.

Had success when trying to include files into moviemaker then saved the project file. Intention is to save project as a movie file - load into DVD Flick and burn onto DVD.

However, tried to save as a moviefile onto pc and onto disc - both failed.

mammak 20:48 04 Mar 09

click here

Just as eedcam has already said.

eedcam 21:40 04 Mar 09

Wmm cannot not save in Mpeg suggest you just try and save as high quality video then dump that into flick

musopoet 21:41 04 Mar 09

Cheers!

Have downloaded windows encoder.

I previously downloaded codecs from a website after receiving advice on here - this enabled me to import videos into moviemaker successfully.

Will I have to import those videos a second time into the moviemaker project now that windows media encoder has been installed or should I simply try to save project again?

BT 07:37 05 Mar 09

Have a look at Papajohns site for lots of advice on using MovieMaker and Photostory 3

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac