movie splitting problems

learner2003 11:26 01 Jun 03

hi can any one help i used hjsplitter to split a movie to put it on to 2 disks but i cant get on disk cos it wont play it comes up saying windows can not open this file and i tried nero looked in folders but nero wont show the file how do i get it to be a video file so i can put it on disk thanks

soy 13:17 01 Jun 03

what format is the movie? Divx, Xvid, AVI etc? If You may need to convert the movie into a format that can be read by DVD players. Eg Mpeg-1.

leo49 13:30 01 Jun 03

Unfortunately you've used an inappropriate tool.HjSplit splits a movie into auto files which have to be reconstituted into one before they can be played; it's a tool used therefore for splitting a large file into manageable chunks primarily for transmission/downloading purposes.

What you need is a movie editing tool,something like Vegas although there's probably cheaper/free software available.

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…