Movie from PC to DV Camcorder

s99Raj 10:01 31 Jan 04

I've captured raw DV clips from a Camcorder (Panasonic MX8) onto a PC running XP Home, edited them but now can't get them back to the Camcorder.

The camcorder screen either
(1) shows "Pause" with a still of the first clip and then reads "Play" and the image then pixellates to black with the editing program player window showing elapsed time running at about one quarter of real time
or
(2) irt remains black through "Pause" and "Play" with the elapsed time stuck on 0.15 seconds. This then jumps to several seconds when play is halted.

I get the same effect with Pinnacle Studio Version 7, Movie Maker 2 and Ulead Video Studio. It's not the Camcorder or the firewire lead as these both accept clips from an eMac.

I have no other program running, no screen saver, no background programs, no pwer off schemes, resolution set to 1024 x 768, colour 16 bit. I've updated DirectX and Nvidia Geforce2 MX drivers. The motherboard and BIOS drivers are also the latest ones.

Now I'm stuck. Anyone any ideas please?

MichelleC 11:44 31 Jan 04

If it accepted ptt (printing to tape) from a Mac maybe there's a timecode on tape which is set to accept only from mac and not pc. Try running your cam tape on blank till end and retry.

Bagsey 11:51 31 Jan 04

I would suggest that you post your question here

click here

or here

click here

There will be someone who can help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…