Movie Maker Won't Recognise Video Card

wingfield 18:33 04 Feb 05

I fitted a video card (Videoh PCI AVC - 2010) but Windows Movie maker doesn't recognise it. It doesn't show up in the Video Device window. It only shows the on board video capture device on the motherboard. The 2010 came with its own software - Sonic Mydvd. It's OK but wondered whether movie Maker was any better

Can I get MM2 to recognise my video card or not?

citadel 18:52 04 Feb 05

If your new card does not show up in windows device manager you may have to alter the settings in bios so it loads the pci card at start up. There will be a setting probably called init display first, there are two choices agp or pci, set yours to pci.

wingfield 19:55 04 Feb 05

Citadel - I've looked in there and it was already set to PCI - what next?

dogtrack 07:25 05 Feb 05

You could try the Disable feature in the bios for your intergrated graphics. I had to do similar when i installed a dedicated sound card.

wingfield 11:07 05 Feb 05

Dogtrack - I can't find what you referred to. In the bIOS I've got the following headings
Standard CMOS features, Advanced BIOS features
Advanced Chipset features, Integrated Peripherals,
PnP/PCI Configurations
Where might it be?

Audeal 13:17 05 Feb 05

citadel 13:52 05 Feb 05

I maybe getting hold of the wrong end of the stick but in windows movie maker a video capture device I think refers to a camcorder.

wingfield 14:24 05 Feb 05

Citadel - I'm referring to an analogue card which I fitted to enable me to download stuff from my analogue camcorder. MM2 isn't seeing this, only what's on the motherboard which isn't any good I think.

smurfling 14:24 05 Feb 05

citadel is correct, windows movie maker will only recognise an input device such as a camcorder, video recorder etc or maybe a tv card that is compatible with it.

wingfield 14:43 05 Feb 05

OK then - how do I connect the camcorder so taht MM2 sees it. Im using a couple of leads and a S Video cable into the analogue card. Is there some other way?

dogtrack 08:57 06 Feb 05

1/ My own video was listed under the advanced tab.
2/ It is usual to connect a vid cam to a PC via Firewire. Also the signal is digital not analogue, unless your camera is very old; in which case you would need a converter. Such as the DAC 100 or similar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…