Movie Maker 2 (strange problem)

fitshase 19:34 10 Aug 03

I have been given the task of making a wedding video using my DV Camcorder (Sharp VLNZ10H). I decided to go the easy route and use Windows Movie Maker 2 (I have XP Pro).

I started the program, captured the video via Firewire and everything seemed OK. I put the transitions in, played it and it all worked OK (I only tried with 5 mins of footage). However, when I came to add a title, everything went wrong.

I clicked on Make Title or Credits... and started to type in the title. As soon as it went to preview it on the preview box, the program closed down. No warning. It now does this every time.

I have Adobe Premiere 6.5 installed now and that works OK. However, I wanted to use Movie Maker 2 in order to show some friends an easy way to edit movies.

Does anyone know what the problem is and if there is a solution? I have tried to re-install it but still no joy. I cannot seem to find out how to uninstall it (it is not listed in Add/Remove programs).

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Fitshase

LAP 20:38 10 Aug 03

As Movie Maker came with xp pro have you tried a system restore?

Bagsey 22:44 10 Aug 03

There are quite a few bugs in Movie Maker 2. Check out this for an insight and possible answers.

click here

I think a lot of these came with the upgrade from MM1.

Hope this helps.

fitshase 23:56 10 Aug 03

You've hit the nail on the head. I have the DivX codecs and PowerDVD installed on my system.

I'll just carry on using Adobe Premiere for now and show my friends what to do on their computers.

Cheers for the help.

Regards

Fitshase

GroupFC 08:49 11 Aug 03

Just adding to "my postings" for future reference.

I have just downloaded MM2 to have a go at video editing, so I am building a record of likely problems (of which I expect many!) and possible solutions (of which I expect rather less!).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…