Movie formats for DVD Player

Pineman100 15:10 29 Oct 05

I have just started running WinXP Media Center. I have managed to get it to record a movie off air, but when I burn that movie to a DVD it won't play in the ordinary DVD player attached to my TV. It will, however, play on Windows Media Player.
I have managed to resolve the matter of DVD format, but I still have a problem with the format in which Win MCE records a TV transmission. The file extension is .dvr-ms which I'm not familiar with. My DVD player will only play Mpeg II format DVDs.
Is there a piece of software that will convert the movie file from .dvr-ms (whatever that is) to Mpeg II?

woodchip 15:22 29 Oct 05

Mpeg1 is the format but you DVD drive not support any other than commercial DVD's

GroupFC 15:25 29 Oct 05

Plenty of reading on the subject click here
and click here

All looks very complicated to me - Good Luck!

Pineman100 16:31 29 Oct 05

Thanks for your response, but I'm not sure I understand you. The DVD player's handbook says that it plays MpegII DVDs. Does that mean it will play either Mpeg1 or MpegII? It plays commercial DVD's with no problems.

Pineman100 17:00 29 Oct 05

^

woodchip 18:31 29 Oct 05

Yes it should also play Mpeg1 and 2

brickie5 22:00 29 Oct 05

try here click here

De Marcus™ 22:09 29 Oct 05

This should help a lot (fun with dvr-ms by Stephen Toub - Microsoft Corporation)

click here

Pineman100 19:34 31 Oct 05

Plenty fo rme to think about there. Many thanks to everyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…