Movie Clip to an image

StevieB77 22:22 12 Jun 03

Does anyone know if it is possible to take a clip from a video or movie and turn it into an image like a JPEG.

Thanks in advance.

jazzypop 22:30 12 Jun 03

If you have a fairly recent version of Windows, open Windows Movie Maker, start a new project, drop your clip in, go to Tools > Take picture from preview

StevieB77 22:45 12 Jun 03

Thanks for that.

I'm just trying it now but can't find can't find the Tools>Take picture preview part. I tried the help but can't find anything. I'm using XP if that help.

jazzypop 22:52 12 Jun 03

Drop your clip onto the 'timeline' at the bottom of the screen to enable the command.

StevieB77 23:00 12 Jun 03

This is probably me being daft but i've put the clip in the timeline but still can't find the 'Take picture preview'. Should it be under a heading on the main toolbar?

jazzypop 23:04 12 Jun 03

You may have the 'conceal menu options until needed' command on ...if there is a downward-pointing arrow at the bottom of the menu choices on the Tools menu, click the arrow (or hover the mouse over a menu item for a few seconds), and more choices should appear.

I am also running XP, so I am sure it should be there.

StevieB77 23:22 12 Jun 03

I'm not sure why it isn't showing but there is no tools menu. The menu's I have are File-EditView-Clip-Play-Help!

jazzypop 23:31 12 Jun 03

If you go to Help > About, does it say version 5.1?

If not, download the latest version from click here ( a 12MB download).

StevieB77 23:36 12 Jun 03

It says Version 1.1 something, a long waty off it seems! I will download it and try that.

Thanks again for the help.

StevieB77 00:05 13 Jun 03

This version works fine.

Cheers for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now