Moved some equipment and now can only get online with one device at any one time.

castiel333 23:09 07 Sep 10

since relocating pc, modem and router to another part of the room we can only access the internet with one device at a time. Two devices are wired and three are wireless.

I have telephoned Virgin Media tech support as I thought it might be an Ip address issue but she said that thiers are dynamic and ruled it out.

She told me to that I just need to change channel on the router but I dont really see how that would help as It has been on channel 11 for over three years.

It's really fraustrating because we keep having to take turns to go online and getting my 15 year old son off of his x box is not easy!

I would really appreciate any help with this.

I have tried google but only seem to find results relating to IP addresses.

birdface 23:15 07 Sep 10

Normally if my daughter has any problems with her virgin set up she will try turning both the Modem and the router off at the main.
Wait 2 minutes and turn the modem on,Then wait another 2 minutes and turn the router on.
That normally fixes it.
Worth a try.

castiel333 23:18 07 Sep 10

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried this several times, including unattaching and reattaching all connections but no luck.

birdface 08:40 08 Sep 10

If you have only moved it to the other side of the room it should still work with the same connections.
just remember not to have any obstructions stopping the signal from getting out.
if two of them are wired and using ethernet cables I cannot understand why one should work and the other not.
Like i said I know very little about routers so best waiting for someone else to help.
The make and model number of the router may help them.
While waiting have a look at networking and see if you can find any tips on there.

birdface 08:52 08 Sep 10

If it was a Netgear router make sure the Ethernet cable from the computer goes into the yellow slot at the back and the cable for the next computer in the slot next to it.
Are all lights on the Modem and Router working Ok.
And all the same colour on the router.

Woolwell 10:09 08 Sep 10

Model of router would help. Can you put it back where it was and see if it works?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos