Moved paging file, now bugged with annoying mesage

spras 17:32 31 Aug 10

I moved my paging file to a different HD to my OS (supposedly gives performance benefits...). Now every time I boot I'm bugged with an annoying message:

"Windows created a temporary paging file on your computer becuase of a problem that occurred with your paging file configuration when you started the computer. The total paging file size for all disk drives may be somewhat larger than the size you specified"

Windows, as usual, is a champion of irony. There is no problem apart from the message telling me about a problem. When I click 'OK' I'm taken to Windows paging file settings where everything is as I set it and appears to be working correctly.

I've checked my start-up entries and there's nothing there for this. How do I get rid of this message?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:59 31 Aug 10

Pagefile (Virtual Memory) -- Right click MY Computer - select properties - Advanced tab - Performance -
advanced tab - Virtual memory click change, you can put the page file on a different drive (if you have one), click
custom size and set Initial size to one and a half times the amount of memory you have fitted i.e. 512MB memory
= set to 768MB, set maximum to double your memory amount i.e. 512MB memory = 1024MB click ok.
If your hard drive is full and there is not enough room for the pagefile this can slow down, freeze or even cause the
PC to crash (restart).

spras 18:04 31 Aug 10

Yeah, did all that. Now it gives me a silly message when I boot

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:08 31 Aug 10
  spras 18:11 31 Aug 10

Cheers but don't think that is it. The error message is different and the paging file itself works fine and appears where it is meant to

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:31 31 Aug 10

Low disk space on either the system disk or the disk you have put the page file on.

Les28 18:36 31 Aug 10

Did you leave a small pagefile on C drive as well?
See " Should the file be left on drive C ?"

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009