move WMP library etc from drive "C" to drive "D" on same pc

tamspot 16:00 01 Mar 15

HELP please

Using Windows 7 Ultimate I wish to transfer cds etc that are stored on WMP library on "C" drive to other "D" drive on my desktop pc. Must I install WMP on "D" and how do I then move library etc in one move. Description of procedure etc in the simplest terms appreciated

thanks

Tamspot

john bunyan 17:01 01 Mar 15

Have a read of this .pdf

WMP

Jollyjohn 17:41 01 Mar 15

Have a read of this click here I find it easier to create the new folders on D drive then follow the steps to move the folders.

tamspot 16:59 04 Mar 15

Hi Jollyjohn

many thanks for your response but I think we may be at cross-purposes as I have all my cds etc stored on WMP library and I am wanting to create the complete WMP set-up ( full library and all facilities set-up - playback, record, rip/burn, categorise etc ) on drive "d" and cancel out the same thing on drive "c". This is to liberate space on drive "c" which is full and to use drive "d" where I have plenty of space. Surely I will need WMP to be installed on drive "d" to achieve this and will there be an instruction to drive "c" to stop any action on drive "c". Hope my request is a little clearer and you are able to guide me in the simplest non=technical terms

regards Tamspot

john bunyan 17:04 04 Mar 15

tamspot

I use iTunes , where it is easy to have the actual programme on the C Drive but all the media and libraries on the data drive. I would have thought that WMP would have a similar facility, but if you find no answer you could switch to iTunes (You do not have to use them to download if you do not want to.)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now