Move Sage Instant Accounts 10 to Another PC

StelfoxJ 22:18 04 Jul 05

Hi there,

I need to move our Sage Instant Accounts 10 to another PC.

I thought it would be a case of doing a backup on the old computer, and then restore on the new computer, but this doesn't seem to have worked.

Has anyone had experience with this?

Thanks!!

mgmcc 22:27 04 Jul 05

I would have thought that should have worked. I regularly restore a Sage Line 50 backup created in one PC into a second PC without a problem.

What is the actual problem you have when doing it?

If Sage has never been run in the new PC, you might initially have to set up some "dummy" details just to get it started, then "restore" the actual data from the backup created in the old PC which should overwrite the "dummy" details you entered.

StelfoxJ 09:51 05 Jul 05

Thanks for the reply. WHen I completed the backup from the old PC, I selected All Files as normal.

When I installed Sage on the new machine, I had the set up all of the company details, and once complete I did a restore. Once this was complete I went into customers, suppliers etc, and there wasn't any data.

I didn't setup any dummy data. So I will give that a try tonight!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…