Move folder from USB stick to Library folder in Windows 7

johnincrete 09 Nov 12
Answered

I'm loading stuff onto a brand new laptop that is running Windows 7, copying it from my PC (XP) using a USB stick It's a rush job and I dont have time to learn Windows 7. Simple question: with the USB inserted in the laptop, how do I move a folder from it to a folder in a library?

Chronos the 2nd 09 Nov 12
Answer

Simplest way would be to open whichever library you want the folder from the USB to go in then 'drag and drop it' or you could also 'copy and paste' the folder.

johnincrete 09 Nov 12

Thanks Chronos - I knew it would be easy (but not so easy as XP!) I'd been trying using the "mouse" pad on the laptop and got so frustrated that I had to walk away! Much easier now I've bought a mouse.

Chronos the 2nd 09 Nov 12

I cannot use a touch pad either on a laptop and always use a mouse instead.

Nontek 09 Nov 12

I wholeheartedly agree, separate Mouse is much better. I also use a full-size USB keyboard, much easier and saves wear and tear on laptop.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to set up Apple Music & make sure you don't get charged: Get Apple Music for free

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message