Move emails & files between PCs

yattonharrytoo 11:07 13 Dec 05

Hello everyone,
Can you please let me know how I can send emails and files to another computer on my network.

We have only just set this up, with more headaches than I can ever recall!!

I am BTW the Administrator

Taff™ 11:35 13 Dec 05

Operating Systems for both machines please. Have you "set up" File sharing between the computers? (Can they "see" each other?) Are you trying to transfer a user to the other PC?

yattonharrytoo 11:44 13 Dec 05

Admin using Dell Dimension 5150 other Mesh with ADM - both have XP and service pk 2.

When you click on bridging [PC Advisor May 2004 - Bridging the Gap] it tells me that I have to have two LAN or Highspeed Internet Connections that are not being used by Internet connection sharing.

yattonharrytoo 11:46 13 Dec 05

Oh forgot to say - that the 2 PCs are sharing one BBd connection

I don't know what you mean by these two sentences! ;-((

(Can they "see" each other?) Are you trying to transfer a user to the other PC?

yattonharrytoo 12:41 13 Dec 05

Hi Taff, I am one too BTW

Both computers have file sharing abilities and are set up.

Taff™ 23:11 13 Dec 05

Let`s call the current computer the "host" and the computer you want to send stuff to the "client". On the host, if you go into Windows Explorer (CTRL key + E Key) can you navigate in the left hand pane down to My Network Places>Microsoft Windows Network>Your Network Name> etc and "see" the other computer and it`s files?

I take it you only have two computers but which Operating Systems are they on? (XP, Win2000, Win98SE etc)My last question was really to understand what you are trying to do by sending files/e-mails to the client computer. Are you trying to back up the host computer or do you want to replicate the host computer so you can use either machine?

yattonharrytoo 17:30 18 Dec 05

Hello Taff,
Just to thank you for your advice. Sorry for the delay - Xmas is getting in the way. ;-))

We have the two computers and we don't want to do anything complicated at all. All I needed which occured to me later, was to delete the other computer's mail account from my computer and set one up on other computer.

So all is well now, and our post does not need to be sent/forwarded any longer.

Many thanks fr you time and apologies for not getting back sooner.

Taff™ 23:47 01 Jan 06

No problem, glad you`re sorted. Tick box and click the resolved button?

yattonharrytoo 10:58 02 Jan 06

Cheers and a Happy New Year to you and your Taff.
Thanks for all your help. I am sure to be asking again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…