.mov files to Compact Card

geedad 21:20 26 Dec 04

I have emptied my Compact Flash card of .mov (Quicktime ) files to my PC and they work fine. However, when I try to copy them back to the C/F card and insert it back in the camera, the camera tells me that there are no files.
Anyone know why this is?
geedad

britto 22:20 26 Dec 04

just tried it, my files are AVI,s would not be recognised in the camera, but added the corresponding thumbnail files and all ok

geedad 00:07 27 Dec 04

britto.
Although they don't show in the camera, I can view and playback the clips when the C/F is re-inserted in the PC.
Strange, since the file extensions are the same as the originals, I.E. '.mov'
I wonder if they need a different extension when saving them back to C/F ?
Incidently, these clips were before I bought a DVD recorder where I can record all of my new clips directly. I am looking for a simple way to import the OLD .mov files on my PC into the C/F of my camera, then directly to my DVD recorder.
geedad

billyliv 00:30 27 Dec 04

Hi, Once you have tranferred your clips into your PC try reformatting your card. I dont know which OS. System you are using eg. XP. Some Digi. cameras will only let you reformat through the camera, while others will reformat through the PC. (I am assuming you have a card reader installed in your computer) In XP go through Disk Management and try reformatting your card. Once it is reformatted you will be able to transfer data etc. Cheers, Bill

geedad 08:09 27 Dec 04

hillyliv.
Thanks! I have just tried it, but it doesn't work!
I now think it is something to do with the FAT, where there should be a minimum FAT of 16, as opposed to the FAT 12 from my camera card. I am, however, stil open to suggestions.
geedad

britto 12:25 27 Dec 04

When you download a new clip to your computer is there just the .MOV file or is there a .THM file with the same number with it. Although my Canon camera uses .AVI files it says no image if I do not put the associated .THM file back on to the cardwith it,this extra file must enable the camera to read and play the clip.
this may not apply to your camera but worth checking.

ps, is this a stand alone dvd recorder you are coping to

geedad 12:53 27 Dec 04

britto.
Just the .mov file.
The DVD recorder is a Panasonic DVD Ram recorder.
Records to DVD-R ( permanent one-off ) DVD -RAM ( Record and Erase forever )
I can record directly to the machine using the single connection to my Kodak Mc3 and through to the DVD recorder's Yellow, White and Red sockets.
Works fine! But I have OLD .mov I wish to record to DVD, and after transfer of them to my C/F card, the camera doesn't recognise them - if it did I could then take the camera directly to the recorder for transfer.
I have, however, succesfully converted the .mov files on the PC to MEPG files which I can then convert to DVD ( using Adobe Premiere LE and Click to DVD ) This takes a long time and I was looking for a short-cut!
Apologies to billyliv and NOT hillyliv!
geedad

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now