.mov file extention

swapper 17:08 19 Dec 03

I have just purchased a Minolta DiMage XT Camera,
it provides for a short length of movie film with the file extention .mov.
I would like to edit this in Windows Movie MakerXP but it does not recognise the .mov extention.
Any advice please.

VoG II 17:12 19 Dec 03

You should be able to open/convert it using IrfanView click here

Diodorus Siculus 17:33 19 Dec 03

.mov, is, I think, openable with QuickTime from apple.

swapper 18:31 19 Dec 03

Thanks Vog, I have had a look at IrfanView, it would not help, I would like to change the .mov file to a .mpeg, avi or something that I could use a in/out within Windows Movie MakerXP.

Diodorus Siculusfade, thanks for your imput, I do use Quicktime, but I want to edit the actual movie?

LAP 21:13 19 Dec 03

swapper, I have a Sony F717 and have just done the following .... recorded a mpeg movie. Connect via USB. In Movie Maker 2/import video/Sony Memory Stick..This opens up 2 folders one of which contains MOV001 (my mpeg) I double clicked on this and it appeared 'on the editing board'in MM2. Does this help?

swapper 21:52 19 Dec 03

Thanks LAP, this Minolta camera produces a ".mov" file.
When I import it to Windows Movie Maker, I get the response that this file type (.mov)is not supported by WinMovMaker, that is why I want to convert it :-(((

temp003 23:04 19 Dec 03

I had to do the same recently with a short clip taken with my Minolta Dimage 7i. I used Rad Video Tools (free) to convert .mov to .avi.

To download click here

For an illustration click here

Diodorus Siculus 00:48 20 Dec 03

swapper - one day I will read the whole thread before postingw!

swapper 13:28 20 Dec 03

temp003..that was exactly what I wanted, thanks a million :-)) this is excellent!

Diodorus Siculus..you are the only one on the Planet that does not read the whole thread through :-)))))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…