Mouse/cursor not behaving

Billawa 10:58 26 Sep 08

The mouse/cursor is behaving erratically for no apparent reason. On boot up to the 'welcome' screen it sits at the bottom left of the screen and cannot be moved away from there - although it tries to respond to mouse movement.

When all programmes are loaded it moves to the top left of the screen. It can be moved from here but only if I am quick to select the icon I need - any pause and it goes back to the top left of the screen. I am using a trackball Logitec Marble mouse which, to date, has given no trouble. I have unistalled the software and re-installed it. At first all seems normal until I boot up again and then the cursor reverts to its top left position.

Any ideas what is happening and the cure?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:07 26 Sep 08

Batteries?

Billawa 18:46 26 Sep 08

Fruit Bat
Good thinking but I am not using a battery powered mouse - should have said that in the original post, sorry!

The mouse is a USB connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…