mouse wont work even when correct drivers present

steveboyeruk 18:18 31 Jan 05

my logitech trackball marble mouse will not work even though i have installed all correct drivers from the logitech website. I have restarted after installation aswell. The touchpad on the laptop is still working and i thought maybe i have to disable this before the trackball will work? However in control panel it says the trackball is the mouse being used.
any advice would be appreciated as its annoying me to death using the touchpad all the time! cheers

PA28 19:25 31 Jan 05

Just a guess - have a look in the BIOS (watch for the setup prompt on bootup) and check that USB Mouse is enabled.

jack 19:30 31 Jan 05

Could it be a knacked mouse?
Crippled cable
Has been known if humped around a lot in the lappie bag

jack 19:31 31 Jan 05

Could it be a knackered mouse?
Crippled cable
Has been known if humped around a lot in the lappie bag

jack 14:09 02 Feb 05

Another thought, brought about by my own desktop trackball not working suddenly ]microsoft intellimouse
Pop the ball out[usually a push from the bottom] and give the ball a wipe over with a damp cloth or if you have any moist wipe thingys - grease from palms builds up and stops the optics registering.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…