mouse woe

the kopite 14:57 25 Nov 05

Hi Guys Trying to install a PCline usb mouse I install the driver from the floppy remove the ps2 mouse amd reboot only to get WinXP telling me trouble connecting new usb device and no mouse installed any ideas guys thanks kopite

Chris Webster 15:03 25 Nov 05

the kopite,

Don't know if this is of any help but I've got a usb mouse on both of my laptops (XP and ME) and I've never installed any drivers for either of them. All I've done is plug straight into the usb port.

Cheers Chris.

Totally-braindead 15:47 25 Nov 05

I'm the same as Chris Webster kopite, suggest you just delete the mouse and restart, let windows install its own driver and see if that works.

the kopite 15:48 25 Nov 05

Thanks Chris will uninstall the driver later and see if xp installs their own driver kopite

the kopite 15:50 25 Nov 05

And totally braindead as well sorry typed the reply to chris then you advice came up after I posted it lol kopite

woodchip 16:11 25 Nov 05

Do not remove PS2 mouse or add while Computer running you will fry the mobo. USB mouse first remove all yellow icons from Device Manager, then plug USB mouse into computer XP will load a basic driver, but you may have a driver to enable all mouse functions so then load the driver CD

the kopite 21:18 25 Nov 05

Hi guys tried letting windows install a driver no good the thing is the driver on the floppy seems to install properly according to the help guide so just maybe its the mouse itself but what can go wrong with a mouse ? thnks kopite

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…