Mouse wheel support lost, how do I get it back ?

Belatucadrus 20:21 24 Apr 03

Somehow I've lost mouse wheel support on my W98 laptop, I've tested the mice on other PCs and they work OK, I've removed and reinstalled the drivers, run SFC and even tried overlaying Windows. Nothing worked, still no scolling on any page, I don't particularly want to reformat at the moment, any ideas ?

dcarr 21:06 24 Apr 03

Did you check the settings on the Mouse Control Panel. Or the Program Folder for the Mouse? Perhaps the settings are off on the laptop.

Belatucadrus 21:24 24 Apr 03

No, I've checked the settings, I can change buttons without any problem, it's just the wheel that isn't working, and there are no conflicts showing in the device manager.

Belatucadrus 20:30 26 Apr 03

Just looked at mouse properties on Aida32, under mouse wheel it says " not present ". Any idea how I fix it ?

VoG™ 20:34 26 Apr 03

If you go to Start, Control Panel/Mouse do you see a "Wheel" tab?

graham√ 20:50 26 Apr 03

The Roman God of Mars having a problem with a wheel? :-)

Belatucadrus 00:07 27 Apr 03

Ancient Celtic please, I was borrowed by the Romans, derivative bunch of plagiarists. The only wheels I'm any good with go on chariots.

VoG™ I'm not on the laptop at the moment, I'll check out what's on the tab in the morning.

Thanks all
The fair shining one

click here

Belatucadrus 11:48 27 Apr 03

The mouse properties screen in control panel has no wheel tab, just Button, Pointers and Motion as you'd expect for a bog standard two button PS2, there is however a wheel tab in the mouse manufacturers settings panel,unfortunately this doesn't appear to do anything. It is identified as a wheel mouse in the device manager. I'm guessing I lost something when I changed mice and took off the old Logitech mouse, so I may try reinstalling the drivers from that. Any more knowledgeable suggestions will be appreciated.

VoG™ 14:25 27 Apr 03

Yes, you need to re-install the drivers.

Belatucadrus 22:35 27 Apr 03

This is beginning to bug me, I've tried new drivers, different mice all sorts and it remains blissfully oblivious of the wheel, I think I'll dig out the old two button mouse and pretend it isn't happening until I get round to a reformat.

hugh-265156 22:51 27 Apr 03

under start up in msconfig have a look and if there is an entry EM_EXEC check that its not disabled.i think this stops some mice from working properly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…