Mouse wheel scroll - What a jerk!

GibsonSt19 20:05 21 Sep 04

Hi there, I have a Microsoft Wireless desktop setup, however whenever I use the mouse wheel to scroll down the page it does it it 'notches'. I'd like it to be a fluid movement. Anyone have a clue how I can get this sorted?

Thanks lots

john-232317 20:44 21 Sep 04

In mouse properties, in control panel, click wheel and adjust to one line at a time...

GibsonSt19 20:46 21 Sep 04

But I want the mouse wheel to allow fluid screen scrolling, no notches, no lines, just liquid movement.

Meshuga 20:47 21 Sep 04

Are you saying that as you revolve the scroll wheel the window scrolls jerkily? Is there a facility to click downwards on the scoll wheel.My wireless mouse has this facility and clicking down on the wheel puts an icon on the window and then moving the body of the mouse forward or back gives a smooth scroll movement.Mine is not a microsoft mouse but most work in a similar manner.Hope this might be of help. Meshuga.

GibsonSt19 20:59 21 Sep 04

I can click the wheel to get the auto scroll feature, however I'd like the standard scroll movement of the mouse to be fluid. I know it can be done, but I just don't know how.

john-232317 21:08 21 Sep 04

I dont think you will achieve this, you cant even do it dragging the bar down the side. As the page moves doesn`t it have to be re-drawn, this causing the problem ? or am i on the wacky baccy ?

brambles 21:09 21 Sep 04

Start / Control Panel / MOUSE click on this and look at everything you can do with the mouse!

Brambles

Meshuga 21:09 21 Sep 04

Sorry i can`t help further. Have just checked the adjustments on mine and I can only adjust the number of lines moved with each move of the wheel. Its either 1-3 or 6. in my case. Regards, Meshuga.

Meshuga 21:16 21 Sep 04

Futher to my reply, since all mice that i`ve come aross click as you revolve the wheel you are gong to get a single movement of the lines so you are bound to get a series of moves,however fast they may be, so you would not get totally fluid movement. Meshuga.

GibsonSt19 21:18 21 Sep 04

Totally smooth.

john-232317 21:22 21 Sep 04

You must have the only one that doesn´t click...and if it doesn`t click then it should be fluid if your finger is steady..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…