Mouse wheel "click" function, anyone confirm this.

mooly 12:06 29 Apr 09

Might be imagining this but when you click (press down) the scroll wheel on a cordless mouse you get a symbol appear on screen and then just moving the mouse up or down causes the page to scroll. Such as on this page for example. No problem there.
But I am sure it worked the same on things like wordprocessor documents and so on, things done in notepad too. Anyone confirm that. Mine doesn't and even tried a different mouse and that's the same. But web pages, yes it's fine.

Clapton is God 12:11 29 Apr 09

"But I am sure it worked the same on things like wordprocessor documents and so on, things done in notepad too. Anyone confirm that"

Confirmed

keef66 12:13 29 Apr 09

here too also

MAJ 12:18 29 Apr 09

Works in Office documents but not Notepad for me.

mooly 12:36 29 Apr 09

So the next question is... why not... what's changed. Haven't made any changes at all to the system at all.

Clapton is God 12:39 29 Apr 09

Try System Restore - if you know how far back to go.

Or re-install the mouse drivers (if it needs drivers).

MAJ 12:42 29 Apr 09

Go to Control Panel > Mouse > Wheel tab, and make sure you have the scroll option active in there.

mooly 14:18 29 Apr 09

It is active thanks but doesn't work in anything other than web pages.

Woolwell 17:19 29 Apr 09

It appears to be application driven. There is a slightly different symbol with Firefox compared to IE. You can turn it off with Firefox click here but that does not affect Word, etc.

Woolwell 17:32 29 Apr 09

Which mouse have you got?

BT 17:33 29 Apr 09

Works in pretty well anything as far as I can see.
Web pages, Office Docs, Notepad. Mines not a cordless mouse but as I remember when I did have one it worked in everything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…