Mouse and touchpad gone

hawthorn59 00:37 30 May 07

Im using a loan laptop from the shop while my 6 month old one is being repaired. Yesterday my mouse stopped working. The blue light stayed on but the red light just went. Prior to that the cursor had started jumping around at random; I read of that before and thought it was the surface I was working on, though it was the same surface all along. Anyway it stopped working. So I used the touchpad.

Today I installed my printer (a new HP) as I wanted to print off something. But a few minutes after installing it the cursor froze. I couldnt use the touchpad either. I tried turning the laptop on and off twice but to no avail. i was just about able to move around the screen using the tab button. Nothing would print either. Then i returned to it a few hours later and as soon as I turned it in, it started to print. Everything is normal now, and guess what? When i plugged in the mouse there now IT WORKED! The blue and red lights are back. Though I suspect the mouse may be on the way out.

Im terrified the whole thing will happen again tomorrow.....any ideas what might be going on?

Technotiger 07:30 30 May 07

Hi, only guessing, but sounds like loose connection somewhere, or if battery is involved renew the battery. Or perhaps if laptop had been on for a while, possible overheating.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017