Mouse Suffers from Old Age?

mbp 09:56 05 Sep 06

What is the life expectancy of an Optical Mouse? Do they live forever? My mouse has recently started to Freeze; die in one spot and I have to reboot, but it does it again.

I have run Defender, Adaware, spybot, Antivir, fully, and all are clean. Is it the Mouse? Is it the software? Is it a corruption? Can I activate my keyboard controls, and how?

Where do I look for faults?

SANTOS7 10:01 05 Sep 06

If you know make and model try updating drivers for it, default drivers for rodents are pretty poor, you could try another mouse to see if the fault is generic or if that fails, considering how cheap they are buy another one..

Meshuga 10:10 05 Sep 06

Have you renewed the batteries??

mbp 17:27 05 Sep 06

There are no batteries required for my optical mouse, as it is powered via my USB 2 port. After all my Security scans were made that proved negative, I decided to try substituting a spare mouse I had in my draws. I was so relievced that that solved the problem.

Conclusion: There is a limited life with Optical Mouse. Whether the laser is weakened, or the electronics within the mouse gets worn out, I do not know but it definitely has a limited useful life.

wee eddie 17:48 05 Sep 06

but never a mouse.

Maybe yours is related to Algernon and has had an accelerated termination.

It probably suffered from a dry joint. I'll not follow that allusion. There-by lurks madness.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…