mouse software location

pellim 21:56 02 Feb 08
Answered

I've bought a wireless mouse. Can't even get to first base as I don't know how to uninstall my present mouse software.
Please can anyone tell me where this is? I can't see anything on the Control Panel.
Secondly can I leave my present wired mouse connected - although the software will hopefully be uninstalled- after I've begun to use the new mouse?
I'd be grateful for help.

ambra4 22:01 02 Feb 08

If this is the first wireless mouse that you are installing just install the software

In Windows XP you do not uninstall the mouse

Technotiger 22:05 02 Feb 08

You should remove your wired mouse!

ambra4 22:10 02 Feb 08

If your present mouse is a PS2 type and the new wireless mouse is USB you can leave it connected

If both is USB you have to disconnect the wired one

pellim 23:29 02 Feb 08

Thank you very much for your help, ambra4.
I'm now connected.
Not sure if I like the rather jerky movement of the cursor. Perhaps they're all like that?
Anyway, it's all working.

ambra4 02:09 03 Feb 08

Go in to the software setting and see if you and adjust the setting smooth strolletc

€dstowe 06:46 03 Feb 08

Ensure you retain your wired mouse.

If, like me, you find a wireless mouse more trouble than it's worth then you will be glad you kept the old one.

BT 08:18 03 Feb 08

How true!
I have totally given up on wireless mice.I have had several and they are more trouble than they are worth. The batteries constantly need changing if they don't have an 'off' switch. Apart from keeping your desk wirefree, I can't see any advantage. After all you aren't likely to be operating your computer more than a wire's length away. My current mouse is a wired optical mouse that cost me about £6 from Tescos and its perfectly adequate.

pellim 17:30 03 Feb 08

Very interested to read the comments on wireless mice in general. I'll keep my wired mouse in place and see how I get on.
Thanks ambra4 for the tip - but I don't know where to go to adjust smoothness, etc.

Sea Urchin 17:33 03 Feb 08

Control Panel > Mouse and check settings

pellim 20:42 03 Feb 08
Answer

Thank you everybody for the help.
Not sure what I think of the wireless mouse. It's working OK, but judgement reserved.
I'm keeping my wired one in place!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…