Mouse purchase not as advertised?

Ex plorer 15:31 20 Feb 09

Hi I purchased Targus mouse full size 8 button with retractable cable.

It came this morning and the cable does not retract it has a meter of fixed cable.

After an online chat and explaining what it did not do the supplier said they would contact the manufacturer.

I received a message later to say the manufacturer said that model did retract.

I want to send it back but I have been informed that I should inform the manufacture and take it up with them.

There is no mention on the box that its retractable or in the hand book only on there site.
The mouse is a Targus AMU14EU from
click here
LTK1610746553X.

crosstrainer 15:53 20 Feb 09

It certainly say's it's retractable, I think you should return it, quoting the sale of goods act.

On the other hand, if it does what you want it to do, then perhaps you could live with it....Your call :))

Stuartli 15:55 20 Feb 09

As it fails to meet the description on which you based the purchase, then the retailer should either replace it with a suitable alternative or refund your money.

Bagsey 15:58 20 Feb 09

I would return it to the supplier(the place you bought from)they are the responible people. It is up to them to take it up with the manufacturer NOT you. It is obviously not fit for purpse if it does not do what it was advertised to do.

Technotiger 16:38 20 Feb 09

Having looked at the Video description, that cable is not retractable, even though it does say so in the written description.

Also having seen the static picture of the cable entry to the mouse, it is pretty obvious that it is not retractable.

If you bought it on the expectation of the cable being retractable, and the seller knew your expectations, then I would ask for money back or suitable replacement.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac