Mouse problems

Dannyb 12:21 10 Mar 07

Just recently I seem to have problems when I left click on my mouse to access a programme there is a considerable delay before it actually reacts. Sometimes I click on a link in a window and it opens another page which I already have opened elsewhere and not the link I clicked on. Also, soemtimes, when I click into a box to enter text, I can start to type, the first couple of letters may appear, then a delay before the other suddenly appear. I have a wireless mouse and windows XP installed.

Dannyb 12:25 10 Mar 07

Forgot to mention that when I use the scroll wheel there is a considerable delay as well. The mouse is a Microsoft one.

birdface 12:43 10 Mar 07

No yellow exclamation marks in device manager.,Have you downloaded network Framework 3 recently.

birdface 12:52 10 Mar 07

Net Framework 3 that should have been,Dont know if its a mouse problem or not.I used to wait up to 10 seconds after clicking for a new page,Ran all my Anti-Virus+ spyware programs and found nothing.Tried Trend Micro's free scan,And it came up with problem with Net Framework 2 but could not fix it,I deleted Net/Framework 3 this morning,Tried to delete Net/Framework 2 but it would only let me install it again which I did,Did not reinstall N/F3 and computer running great at the moment,If you have no joy with any other fix it may be worth giving it a try.

birdface 13:07 10 Mar 07

Might need new batteries for mouse,Or can you try another type of mouse see if it works then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…