mouse problems

ginger103 16:28 30 Oct 05

system XP HOME.six days ago my desktop pc crashed.
on rebooting i found that my mouses were not working.i checked in my device manager and found all reference to my logitech cordless and logitech scoll mmouses had dissapeared[my mouse is a logitech mx1000 laser model] I uninstalled both and reinstalled one at the time trying them in thePS2 and USB sockets.with no joy at all.I tried both mouses in 2 oher computers both worked.I found an unamed wired mouse an antique at this is the only mouse i can get to work. I picked up on A MS filter mouse driver on a PS2 socket re boot.In desperation i did a clean re install of XP HOME to no avail i then fitted a new hard disc still no joy.Can anyone please help

Hamish 17:16 30 Oct 05

Try click here

Found by typing mouse not working into Google. There are 59,300,000 pages for mouse not working on Google. Hope one may help. Please post back if you find the cure

Taff™ 17:21 30 Oct 05

I think your USB ports have failed - probably the USB controller because a normal mouse in a PS2 port works. Have a look in Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager and expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers - any Yellow Warning Triangles?

Also check under Human Interface Devices - anything listed there? Also Mouse and Keyboard entries.

ginger103 18:09 30 Oct 05

Hi taff.
my usb ports seem ok i have taken out working items printer etc to try them but still no joy.
all mice will not work in my PS2 except my antquated one .i have done all theexpansions in the device manager [there was 2 mice before the crash] I have no warnings on universal serial bus controllers.
i have checked all on mouse and keyboard entries.
thanks for trying
roy

ginger103 18:15 30 Oct 05

thank you hamish
at least you brought a brief smile

Taff™ 19:42 30 Oct 05

So the problem occurs with some PS2 mice as well? You USB printers work however?

ginger103 20:50 30 Oct 05

yes taff all my usb sockets work.
it is not just some ps2 mice it is all of them except this old unamed mouse i am using now.this is using MS MOUSE FILTER DRIVERS.
The computer will not recognise any other installations.they install into the computer but do not show in the device manager after the installation.

Stuartli 21:02 30 Oct 05

Silly question but, if the mouse uses batteries, have you checked they are OK?

Also, if you use a transmitter, that the relevant sequence has been instigated to "tune" the mouse to the receiver?

Stuartli 21:03 30 Oct 05

Only other suggestion is a System Restore.

Stuartli 21:04 30 Oct 05

..or a Repair of XP, especially as you suffered a crash.

But try scan /restore first.

ginger103 19:19 31 Oct 05

hi stuarti
my main mouse is a rechargble all charged and ok .all batteries checked in other mice all ok.as i stated i have done a complete re install of XP HOME I fitted a completely new hard disc.
before i did this i did system restore. every time i try something different i make sure i do the relevent sequences with the mouse and reciever .
What i cannot understand is when i do a reinstall on mouse with a disc is it will go into programes but it will not appear in systems devices.If you read my original statement i said before the crash logitech wireless mouse appearred in the system devices i cannot get any drivers to appear now is P/S2 MOUSE FILTER DRIVER
this will only drive my ancient slow mouse with no scoll

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…