mouse problems

nobbie 16:11 26 May 04

hi all, my mouse is playing up!, it freezes randomly anywhere on the screen, sometimes, constantly moving the mouse around gets it going again, but mostly it just stays still.
i have tried updating the drivers but it says that best driver is already installed, i've altered the setting i.e speed and scroll speed, i've done a virus scan and found nothing,i've also tried a different mouse , with the same consequence,
so any advice please
it is a wired ps2 mouse, but i was thinking of trying to obtain a usb mouse, what do you think
thanks

christmascracker 16:14 26 May 04

Have you tried cleaning it?

nobbie 16:15 26 May 04

plus tried different mice ?

rawprawn 16:54 26 May 04

Problems like that are usually caused by a conflict with other hardware. Have you added anything recently ? if so unplug it and try again. If not try unplugging everything else but the mouse and then see if that works. If it does keep plugging things in one at a time until you find out what is causing the problem.

joncuk 16:59 26 May 04

Are you running some programme in background, maybe screen saver or fancy graghics wallpaper. I had a similar problem with running "felix" wallpaper programe.

Also try to see if excessive memory is locked up on another application

nobbie 18:11 26 May 04

i have no backgroud programs running or fancy graphic wallpaper
i'll give the "process of elimination " a try
thanks

Shas 18:28 26 May 04

Can I highjack this thread please :o) - I'm having virtually the same problem and have had for a couple of months. I thought it was because I'd downloaded McAfee firewall when I upgraded to bb, so I uninstalled that and installed ZoneAlarm, but that's made no difference.

Something just seems to take control of the mouse and I have to wait for it to be released before I can do anything - for example it took me five minutes to access this thread! The pointer either freezes completely or what movement there is, is skittish and it prances about all over the place.

Don't have anything running in the background other than what you are advised to have.

Hopefully we'll both get an answer to our problem Nobbie :o)

Eastender 18:33 26 May 04

Ty deleting the mouse in 'Device Manager'. On rebooting Windows will re-install the mouse driver.

woodchip 18:44 26 May 04

It's not pluged in the keyboard PS2 is it

swapper 18:54 26 May 04

I take it as read that you have checked for a virus or worm??

Fruit Bat 18:56 26 May 04

check the batteries in optical wireless mouse

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…