mouse problems

su-211364 14:22 15 Jan 04

My mouse has developed a mind of its own and is moving around the screen or when I try to click it lurches off in another direction making it impossible for me to work. I thought I must have some spyware or the like and have run addaware and norton anti virus i have also checked via control panel that the mouse is working and its is.
Has anyone any ideas on how i can resolve this.

phil.smith 14:27 15 Jan 04

You probably have done this but clean the rollers inside where the mouse ball hits the rollers (assuming it has a mouse ball)!! It may help

As above, check for fluff.

Could also be a faulty lead, a flat battery, or Crazy Mouse program.

su-211364 13:58 16 Jan 04

I have cleaned my mouse througherly. The pointer moves around even when i am not touching the mouse and whether i am online or not.

Bacon & Eggs 14:43 16 Jan 04

Another possibility: if it is a wireless mouse, it may be that your next door neighbour is controlling it! There are many stories of wireless devices (both keyboards and mice) controlling things far outside their alleged range - last year my housemate and I had to set our (identical) mice to different frequencies even though they were well over 20ft apart...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…