mouse problems

steve-252371 14:47 13 Dec 03

I am running windows98 and have a problem with my mouse.Every now and again my cursor sticks whilst surfing.This causes various problems including pages sticking and video clips sticking.This can only be resolved by frantically moving the mouse back and fore.Ihave changed my mouse for anew one and changed my mousemat to no avail please help.

Diodorus Siculus 15:16 13 Dec 03

I don't think that the mouse is a cause, more a symptom of your problem

It seems as if your pc is slowing down / pausing for some reason: lack of memory (RAM) is a common cause.

Check what is running via the task manager - there are many programs loaded at startup which are not infact ncessary.

Go to start, run and type

msconfig

then under the startup tab, untick anything that is unnecessary. If unsure, ask here - people will give some suggestions.

Diodorus Siculus 23:23 27 Dec 03

abacab - any resolution yet?

canard 14:13 28 Dec 03

Getting rid of loadqm.exe [one of those mystery apps which U can live without] in my first Win98 PC worked wonders for mouse behaviour.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…