Mouse problem still

goll_y 21:36 22 May 04

Just got a new mouse after having problems with stickiness with a rollerball old one. However, I've plugged it into the USB port (its an optical one) and it seems fine apart from the fact that every so often the mouse when being moved will disappear randomly of its own accord to another part of the screen and I can't work out what is wrong.

Using Windows XP Professional and tried AVG, Adaware etc.

SANTOS7 21:49 22 May 04

click here this should help, good luck

alan227 22:02 22 May 04

Have you had a look in device manager to see if their are any question or exclamation marks, or open control panel and use the troubleshooter.
For Device Manager--right click My Computer/left click properties/left click Hardware/left click Device Manager then left click on Mice and other pointing devices.
Or left click start, left click Control Panel/if in Category view left click Printers and other hardware then left click Mouse,
if in classic view just click Mouse then left click hardware and troubleshoot.

webbeez 23:38 22 May 04

What make/model is the mouse.I had the same problem with Microsoft basic optical mouse.

SEASHANTY 10:41 23 May 04

When you change to a different type/make of mouse you have to remove the drivers for the previous one.

goll_y 17:44 23 May 04

How do I remove the drivers for the previous one?

SEASHANTY 10:52 24 May 04

In XP My Computer, right click, then click on properties, HARDWARE then device manager. In device manager click the cross to the left of Mouse and other pointing devices to bring up your mice.
If the old mouse is still listed double click on it
and then select the "driver" tab. From this window
select UNINSTALL.

€dstowe 11:12 24 May 04

Mouses (mice) are always better connected via the PS/2 port. I would suggest you do that unless you have good reasons for not doing so. MS themselves recommend connection like this.

€d

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…