Mouse problem

thumbscrew 20:59 10 Aug 07

I've been using a wireless mouse for over a year with no problems. I noticed yesterday that the arrow is begunning to develop a mind of its own....jumping around erratically. I've replaced the batteries...still the same. Can anyone advise?

VoG II 21:08 10 Aug 07

Is there a 'connect' button or similar on either both the mouse or the receiver? If so try pressing it/them.

thumbscrew 21:21 10 Aug 07

Hi VoG, yes on the receiver...pressed it and not much difference.Please don't laugh, but my mouse mat...it's got a shiny surface...could that influence the pointer?

Technotiger 21:25 10 Aug 07

As long as you are not using the mouse on a metal surface, try it without the mouse mat. Nobody on this Forum will laugh at your question(s).

thumbscrew 21:43 10 Aug 07

Thanks Technotiger, ditched the mat...not as bad...more control.

Technotiger 21:59 10 Aug 07

Another point, if your mouse has a ball underneath, remove the ball and clean the rollers inside the mouse. The rollers often get a build-up of dirt in one spot on the rollers causing erratic pointer movement. If this is the case with yours, use something like a nail-file or small screwdriver to scrape the dirt off.

thumbscrew 22:01 10 Aug 07

Thanks agin pal, no ball,just infra red lens.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…