Mouse Problem

Bingalau 19:12 08 May 06

I have recently purchased one of these "new fangled" mice/meece/meeces? It's a Silver Crest "Unplugged" model number 12018. Bought from Lidl. When I first installed it everything was o.k. But now it refuses to leave the side of my screen for some reason or other. Can anyone tell me the simple way to get it to perform as a mouse should. I am also baffled by the number of controls on the thing, so maybe I have pushed the wrong one and there is very little in the way of instructions in the booklet that came with the mouse. (Putting a lump of cheese in the middle of the screen doesn't work either).
..Bingalau..

woodchip 19:18 08 May 06

Questions on the way back, as not knowing the mouse. Is it Optical Cordless? If so check it with full charged Battery's as I use a Sagem as above on my Laptop and it does what your's does when battery's are getting low. I use 2 AAA in mine. keeping 2 charged ready for when it needs them.

ICF 19:22 08 May 06

Silvercrest website click here

woodchip 19:31 08 May 06

Also check that the Charger plug is pushed fully into the docking station

woodchip 19:31 08 May 06

The Mains Charger could also be faulty, does the light on the front of it work

Totally-braindead 19:32 08 May 06

Thanks ICF I couldn't find it. The manual is there but all in German, very helpful if you don't speak German I must say.
Regarding the buttons Bingalau you don't have to use them if you don't want to but the mouse should have come with a disk which will install the drivers for it if you wish to use the buttons and the buttons can probably be used for whatever you like ie you should be able to program them through the mouse software.

woodchip 19:38 08 May 06

Icon in system tray right click it

Stuartli 19:45 08 May 06

My Silvercrest wireless keyboard and optical mouse set from Lidl came with an English manual.

This is the English version of the website's downloads:

click here

Stuartli 19:47 08 May 06

Silvercrest website (in English):

click here

Bingalau 21:40 08 May 06

Sorry for the delay in answering all the replies to my query. I had to go out for a couple of hours. Yes the light on the front of the charging unit works and the first part of the booklet is in english, but offers not very much in the way of troubleshooting etc. I have checked the plug-in charger and it seems o.k. I will now get onto the website and see if there is any thing that helps on there. I will get back when I have checked through all the helpful suggestions from all of you...Thank you for your help...Bingalau..

Bingalau 23:04 08 May 06

Well...In spite of the fact that I do know a bit of German there is not much help on any of those sites so I think I will just un-install and start again. But not tonight as it is getting late. I will tick this as resolved and then start again tomorrrow. if I don't get any joy in the next couple of days..Good job the old mouse still works o.k. though. If this new electronic wonder doesn't come through I will chuck it in the "oggin". ..Bingalau..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…