mouse problem

spec 14:52 07 Mar 04

Following the 'ghost write' when reformatting the HDD I am getting no response from the mouse. I tried a restart but still no response. Obviousl I can't get in to do any checking. Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Big Elf 14:59 07 Mar 04

If it's a USB mouse then unplug it, wait a few seconds then plug it back in. It's worked for me.

spec 11:31 08 Mar 04

Thanks Elf, tried that but still did'nt work. Its been suggested I may have a damaged m/board, I hope not.

jaydeeace 11:53 08 Mar 04

Is the mouse present under device manager (or equivalent)? Check that the drivers are fully installed, and install them again anyway - just for fun :)

Stuartli 13:15 08 Mar 04

You'll have to relearn keyboard shortcuts again until you solve it...:-)

Stuartli 13:37 08 Mar 04
  spec 16:19 08 Mar 04

Think I need to explain better gentlemen. I used the W98 restore pack which after pressing 'Y' it carried out the task. The next window was information (i.e, name/company). Although I could type in a name, the mouse would'nt respond when I needed to tick the 'accept' box to progress further (arrows can't be used for this task). Obviously I can't get into the OS from there (unless W98 shortcuts will help?). The mouse itself is OK as I am using it at present on another PC.

Thanks

Big Elf 17:58 08 Mar 04

Use the Tab key to get to get to the tick box and then press the spacebar to put the tick in.

Big Elf 17:59 08 Mar 04

PS You should see a faint grey ring around the tick box when you've tabbed to it to show you that you are there.

spec 15:05 09 Mar 04

Thanks Big Elf your suggestion worked. Appreciate your help mate.

spec 15:08 09 Mar 04

......and the other suggestions of course.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced